UNDP recruits 01 Stagiaire – Programme Sahel
Under the direct supervision of the Sahel Programme Manager and in close collaboration with other colleagues in the Dakar sub-regional Hub and the broad UNDP, the intern will undertake the tasks listed below:
Research and Data Management
Information Management; collect data and prepare a bibliography/catalogue for the Sahel Programme, using the available reports, analyses, etc. carried out by the programme in order to download them as a repository accessible to all.
- Understand the complex and multidimensional aspects of the Sahel region as well as the fundamental concepts of sustainable development.
- Ability to identify emerging risks or new opportunities and inform the supervisor
- Participate in UNISS Governance Group meetings and prepare reports
- Promote knowledge sharing and a culture of continuous learning within the office.
- Conduct research and in-depth analysis of development issues in Africa, particularly in the Sahel region.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Be enthusiastic at work and maintains a positive and constructive attitude.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues and other external actors/partners.
- Compile literature reviews on issues related to governance, peace and security, human rights and gender in the Sahel Region;
- Support research related to donor intelligence both at regional and country levels.
Knowledge Management and Communication
- Draft, review and edit concepts notes, knowledge products and presentations;
- Review and shape resources mobilization and partnership concepts;
- Participate in meetings and perform other support tasks as required.
- Collect data and prepare a bibliography/catalogue of the Sahel Programme: research all reports, analysis, etc. done by the Programme to be uploaded as a repository accessible to all.
The more specific focus will be decided in consultation with the intern taking into account his/her skills development interests.
Technical/Functional Competencies :
- Good writing and researching skills;
- Strong analytical aptitude, communication and presentation skills;
- Good organizational, time management and strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work flexibly and meet tight deadlines;
- Attention to details and proven ability to work independently and effectively.
- Perfectly masters computer tools, current software and other computer applications.
- • to change and able to manage situations …
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to receive / integrate feedback;
- Works collaboratively with team members by sharing information openly and displaying cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external partners;
- Positive and results-oriented attitude.
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Computer literate in standard software applications;
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular, and have a personal commitment to UNDP’s Statement of Purpose, and to the ideals of the UN Charter;
- Demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Proficiency in both French and English is a requirement.
Application deadline: 03-Sep-20