|UNV recruits 01 Coordination and Development planning specialist|
|Localisation||Dakar / Sénégal|
|Expiration||28 Fevrier 2021|
Description de l’offre
Coordination and Development planning specialist
Host Entity : UNDCO
Country : Senegal
Duty Station : Dakar (SEN)
Language Skills :
Start Date : Immediate
Duration : 12 months
Application Deadline : 28 February 2021
Minimum age: 25 years old.
Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Senior Regional Coordinator Officer or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer will:
• Provide support to the day-to-day operations of the Sub Office in Dakar;
• Assist the resident coordinator offices (RCOs) in the WCA on the monitoring and reporting such as IMS, COVID Dashboard etc.
• Provide inputs and compile comments/suggestions from partners, such as ISU, to the new CCA and CFs in WCA countries in collaboration of DCO-A partnership officer
• Assist in the preparation and servicing of HQ and Special Coordinator events on Sahel, as well as providing inputs to TPs and KMs (such as the DSG Retreats/meetings, partners conferences etc.
• Provide inputs to the RMRs, EC/DCs, ETF, IATFs, ITFs, at the country and regional levels and assist in following up implementation of EC/DC Decisions, and keep documents centralized and updated and share them on a regular basis with the colleagues
• Assist in the preparation and servicing of RCO’s Economists webinar meetings
• Liaise with relevant colleagues and RCOs to collect data and information related to COVID socioeconomic response plans, CCA, CF, JWP etc implemented activities and update the coordination tool accordingly (under Smartsheet platform);
• Assist in the preparation of the DSG and Regional Director bilateral meetings with the RCs.
• draft minutes of the DSG and Regional Director bilateral meetings with the RCs in WCA.
• Follow up and monitor regularly COVID socioeconomic Response Plans’ reporting of RCOs, such as online platforms/Dashboards, UN Knowledge and Dashboards etc.
• Assist in the preparation of the DSG and DSG’s trips in WCA.
• Convene and facilitate DCO-A meetings with RCs, UNCT, Head of Offices, PDA in WCA, including Sahel and LCB.
• Participate actively in the regional office weekly team meetings
• Follow up the roll-out and implementation of Business Operations Strategies (BOS) in WCA regions
Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
• Advanced higher degree (Master’s or equivalent) in a relevant area, e.g. socioeconomic, political governance, development planning, programme development, coordination or area related to planning
• a first-level university degree or equivalent in combination with relevant training and/or professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree;
Required experience: 36 Months
• At least 3years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in coordination and monitoring or other relevant programmes; experience with UN system is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization;
• Other desired/mandatory required technical knowledge
• Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills both in English and French
• Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded;
• Prior experience in West Africa is also a distinct advantage.
• English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
• French(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Governance and decentralization, Development programme management, Other development programme/project experience
Area of expertise details:
. socioeconomic, political governance, development planning, programme development, coordination or area related to planning
Driving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Vision, Working in Teams
Application deadline: 28-02-2021
COMMENT POSTULER ?
Apply online :